Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Types of Projects. Projects and/or uses that meet the following criteria shall not qualify for a Minor Use Permit and shall be processed as a Conditional Use Permit in compliance with this Chapter.
(1) Phased projects.
(2) Projects required to be filed concurrently with a Final Development Plan (FDP).
(3) Projects that require a Health Risk Assessment.
(4) Projects on a site with natural slopes of 30 percent or greater on any portion of the sites that are to be developed.
(5) Projects greater than 30,000 square feet of structure area in CN (Neighborhood Commercial) and CR (Rural Commercial) land use zoning districts.
(6) Projects greater than 40,000 square feet of structure area in CH (Highway Commercial) and CO (Office Commercial) land use zoning districts.
(7) Projects greater than 80,000 square feet of structure area in CS (Service Commercial), CG (General Commercial), IC (Community Industrial), IN (Institutional), and IR (Regional Industrial) land use zoning districts.
(8) Manufacturing operations less than 80,000 square feet of structure area may also require approval of a Conditional Use Permit if they involve the conversion of raw materials to intermediate or finished products and involve the storage of large amounts of raw materials. These uses include:
(A) Chemicals and related products (all similar uses).
(B) Clay, glass, and stone products (e.g., brick, concrete, dish, glass, insulation manufacturing, and tile plants).
(C) Fabricated metal products (e.g., automobile assembly plants).
(D) Food and related products (e.g., flour mills, slaughterhouses).
(E) Lumber and wood products (e.g., saw mills).
(F) Paper and related products (e.g., paper mills).
(G) Petroleum refining and related industries.
(H) Primary metal industries (all similar uses).
(I) Rubber and miscellaneous plastic products (all similar uses).
(J) Textile mill products.
(9) Broadcasting antenna or tower with a proposed height that exceeds the maximum allowed height in the subject land use zoning district, not including the extra height allowed by § 83.02.040.
(b) Cumulative Impact of Successive Projects. When the cumulative impact of successive projects of the same type on the same parcel or within the same ownership over time exceeds the following thresholds, all new projects in that area shall always require approval of a Conditional Use Permit:
(2) Thresholds (e.g., square footage of structure area, etc.) indicated in Subdivision (a) (Types of Projects), above.
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007)