§ 84.25.030  Exempt Temporary Structures and Uses.
   The temporary structures and uses listed in this Section shall be exempt from obtaining a Temporary Use Permit.  Temporary structures and uses that do not fall within the following categories shall comply with § 85.15.020 (Types of Temporary Use Permits and Review Authorities).
   (a)   Construction Yards - On-Site.  On-site contractors’ construction yards, for an approved construction project.  The construction yard shall be removed immediately upon completion of the construction project, or the expiration of the Building Permit authorizing the construction project, whichever first occurs.
   (b)   Emergency Facilities.  Emergency public health and safety needs/land use activities, as determined by the Board.
   (c)   Events on Sites Approved for Public Assembly.  An event on the site of, or within, a golf course, meeting hall, religious facility, school, theater, or other similar facility designed, and approved by the County for public assembly.
   (d)   Fund-Raising Car Washes.
      (1)   Car washes on property within a commercial, industrial, or institutional land use zoning district, limited to a maximum of two days per month for each sponsoring organization.
      (2)   Sponsorship shall be limited to educational, fraternal, religious, or service organizations directly engaged in civic or charitable efforts, or to tax exempt organizations in compliance with § 501(c) of the Federal Revenue and Taxation Code.
      (3)   Even though fund-raising car washes are exempt from obtaining a Temporary Use Permit, they shall still be conducted in compliance with applicable stormwater regulations to minimize potential water quality impacts.
   (e)   Garage Sales.  Garage sales, not to exceed four per year, each of which may not exceed three consecutive days. For multi-family dwellings, a maximum of two garage sales per calendar year per legal dwelling unit shall be allowed. All other provisions of Chapter 84.10 shall apply.
   (f)   Location Filming.  The temporary use of a specific site for the location filming of commercials, movies, videos, etc., for the time specified by the Director. Even though this use is exempt from a Temporary Use Permit, it does require a Film Permit issued by the Inland Empire Film Commission and processed in compliance with County Code §§ 41.2201et seq. (Issuance of Filming Permits and Fees).
   (g)   Public Property or Public Right-of-Way.  Construction and maintenance activities conducted on public properties that are authorized by an Encroachment Permit issued by the Department of Public Works. 
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007)