Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Review Procedures Include State and County Processes. The types of applications required for local evaluation of a specified hazardous waste facility proposal include both discretionary and ministerial permits. The required permits or processes include:
(1) A General Plan Amendment to apply the HW Overlay to the proposed site and respective buffer.
(2) A Conditional Use Permit in compliance with Chapter 85.06 (Conditional Use Permit and Minor Use Permit).
(3) A Special Use Permit issued by the San Bernardino County Fire Department, which shall be required as a condition of approval of the Conditional Use Permit.
(4) Ministerial Permits from the Building and Safety Division for building, grading, flood control, etc..
For a complete discussion of the local application review process, refer to § 5.3.3 and Table 5-4 of Chapter 5 of the San Bernardino County Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
(b) Compatible land uses. The following list of use classifications may be compatible with a hazardous waste facility depending on the risk assessment and are allowed within a HW Overlay.
(1) Contract/Construction Services.
(2) Manufacturing Operations I & II.
(3) Open Lot Services I & II.
(4) Repair Services I, II & III.
(5) Salvage Services I and II.
(6) Transportation Services I & II.
(7) Wholesale/Warehouse Services I & II.
(c) Prohibited Land Uses. The following uses are specifically prohibited from the HW Overlay:
(1) Agricultural uses of any type.
(2) Residential uses of any type.
(3) Facilities with a high concentration of people/immobile population, including schools, hospitals, auditoriums, amphitheaters, jails, etc.
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007)