Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) It shall be unlawful for an Employer or any other person to interfere with, restrain, or deny the exercise of, or the attempt to exercise, any right protected under this Chapter.
(b) It shall be unlawful for an Employer to discharge, threaten to discharge, demote, suspend, or otherwise take adverse employment action against any person on the basis of Caregiver status or in retaliation for exercising rights protected under this Chapter. Such rights include but are not limited to:
(1) the right to request a Flexible or Predictable Working Arrangement under this Chapter;
(2) the right to request reconsideration of the denial of a request for a Flexible or Predictable Working Arrangement under this Chapter;
(3) the right to file a complaint with the Agency alleging a violation of any provision of this Chapter;
(4) the right to inform any person about an Employer's alleged violation of this Chapter;
(5) the right to cooperate with the Agency or other persons in the investigation or prosecution of any alleged violation of this Chapter;
(6) the right to oppose any policy, practice, or act that is unlawful under this Chapter; or
(7) the right to inform any person of his or her rights under this Chapter.
(Added by Ord. 209-13, File No. 130785, App. 10/9/2013, Eff. 11/8/2013, Oper. 1/1/2014)