Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Prohibited Acts: It shall be unlawful for a licensee hereunder to do any of the following acts:
1. Make physical contact with the person being solicited unless that person's permission is obtained.
2. Misrepresent the purpose of the solicitation.
3. Misrepresent the affiliation of those engaged in the solicitation.
4. Continue efforts to solicit from an individual once that individual informs the solicitor that he does not wish to give anything to or to buy anything from that solicitor.
5. Represent the issuance of any license under this chapter as an endorsement or recommendation of the solicitation.
6. To go in or upon private residences within the city not having been requested or invited to do so by the owner or occupant, or to enter in or upon any other premises when the same is posted with a sign stating "No Peddlers Allowed" or "No Solicitation Allowed" or other words to such effect.
7. Knowingly make any false statement on an application for a license hereunder.
8. To shout at or otherwise call out to individuals in order to attract their attention or engage in solicitation.
9. To engage in or conduct business by means of any sound amplification equipment, loudspeaker or similar device.
10. To sell to any person who is standing in the public street or place.
B. Enforcement: It shall be the duty of any police officer of the city to enforce this chapter. The chief of police shall report to the city clerk all violations of this chapter. (Ord. 726, 4-5-1994)