Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) From and after the effective date of this section, it shall be unlawful and a violation of this section for any person, persons, partnership, firm, or corporation to construct, place, put, park, or erect inside the corporate limits of the town any structure, building, or house to be used for human habitation, including, but not limited to, any house trailer, mobile home, manufactured home, or other transportable structure which may be used for human habitation or other, that does not have:
(1) A minimum usable ground floor living area of:
(a) One story: 950 square feet; and/or
(b) Two story: 750 square feet.
(2) A cross-sectional dimension of at least 23 feet, in the usable ground floor living area;
(3) A roof pitch of four-twelfths or greater;
(4) A roof cover equal to or better than:
(a) Fifteen pound felt paper underlayment; and/or
(b) Two hundred and ten pound three-in-one seal down tap shingles.
(5) Exterior siding equal to or better than beveled vinyl or beveled aluminum; and
(6) A masonry foundation of formed and poured cement or of eight-inch by eight-inch by 16-inch concrete block on an adequate footing located below the frost line; or a masonry facial skirting of at least two-inch by eight-inch by 16-inch concrete block or a type of colored brick of the standard two- and one-half-inch by three- and seven-eights-inch by eight- and one-quarter-inch size of an adequate footing that runs from grade to below the frost line.
(B) In any case, the dwelling shall be in harmony with the area in which it is located.
(C) All other mobile, portable, or manufactured structures shall be placed in any mobile home park.
(2000 Code, § 12-3) (Ord. 1993-2, passed 5-11-1993) Penalty, see § 150.99