Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An appropriation to be known as the Rossville Town Promotional Fund is hereby established. On or before December 31 of each year, the Town Council is hereby authorized to budget and appropriate funds from the General Fund or from other funds to pay the expenses incurred in promoting the betterment of the town. This transfer may not exceed more than 10% of the town’s total budget for that fiscal year.
(B) Expenditures from this Fund may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
(1) Membership dues in local, regional, state, and national associations of a civic, educational, or governmental nature, which have as their purpose the betterment and improvement of town operations;
(2) Direct expenses for travel, meals, and lodging in conjunction with town business or meetings, or organizations to which the town belongs;
(3) Expenses incurred in the promotion of tourism, residential development, economic, or industrial development for the town, including meeting room rental, decorations, means, and travel;
(4) Commemorative plaques, certificates, or objects such as commemorative keys; and/or
(5) Other purposes which are deemed by the Town Council to directly relate to the promotion or betterment of the town.
(C) No expenses shall be allowed from this appropriation without prior authorization and approval of the Town Council. The Town Council may authorize the expenditure of funds from the Rossville Town Promotional Fund by appropriations made in the same manner as other funds are appropriated that receive tax monies upon making a finding that the proposed use of the funds is consistent with the intent of the Fund.
(2000 Code, § 3-10) (Ord. 2005-4, passed 11-11-2005)