Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Notice Of Violation: When the city determines that an activity is not being carried out in accordance with the requirements of this chapter, it shall issue a written notice of violation to the owner of the property. The notice of violation shall contain:
1. The name and address of the owner or applicant;
2. The address when available or a description of the land upon which the violation is occurring;
3. A statement specifying the nature of the violation;
4. A description of the remedial measures necessary to bring the development activity into compliance with this chapter and a time schedule for the completion of such remedial action;
5. A statement of the penalty or penalties that shall or may be assessed against the person to whom the notice of violation is directed; and
6. A statement that the determination of violation may be appealed to the city by filing a written notice of appeal within fifteen (15) days of service of the notice of violation. Service may be accomplished by mail or by personal delivery of the notice.
B. Stop Work Order/Revocation Of Site Development Permit: In the event that any person holding a site development permit pursuant to this chapter violates the terms of the permit or implements site development in such a manner as to materially adversely affect the health, welfare, environment, or safety of persons residing or working in the neighborhood or development site so as to be materially detrimental to the public welfare or injurious to property or improvements in the neighborhood, the city of Rosemount may suspend or revoke the site development permit through the issuance of a stop work order or the revocation of site development or building permit. No development, utility or street construction will be allowed and no building permits will be issued unless the development is in full compliance with the requirements of this subsection.
C. Restoration Of Lands: Any violator may be required to restore land to its undisturbed condition. In the event that restoration is not undertaken within a reasonable time after notice, the city may take necessary corrective action, the cost of which may, after notice and opportunity for hearing, be specially assessed against the property and collected along with the ordinary taxes by the county.
D. Violation And Penalties:
1. No person shall construct, enlarge, alter, repair, or maintain any grading, excavation, or fill, or cause the same to be done, contrary to or in violation of any terms of this chapter. Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and is subject to the penalty as described in title 1, chapter 4 of this code and each day during which any violation of any of the provisions of this chapter is committed, continued, or permitted, shall constitute a separate offense.
2. Upon conviction of any such violation, such person, partnership, or corporation shall be punished by a fine as specified by the city ordinance for fee schedule for each offense. In addition to any other penalty authorized by this section, any person, partnership, or corporation convicted of violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be required to bear the expense of such restoration. (Ord. 2015-01, 2-17-2015; amd. Ord. 2015-05, 7-7-2015)