Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Sale Of Fireworks: It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, expose for sale, or sell at retail or wholesale any consumer fireworks in the city of Rosemount without a license.
B. License Application: The applicant shall completely fill out and submit an application form for a consumer fireworks license prepared by the Rosemount fire department, fire prevention bureau. Information to be submitted as part of the license application includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following information: name, address and telephone number of the applicant; address of location where the fireworks will be sold; estimated quantity of the fireworks that will be stored on the premises; description of the premises and facility from which the fireworks are proposed to be sold; approval of the property owner, if different from the applicant. Prior to the issuance of a license, the premises must be inspected and approved by the city fire code official.
C. Conditions Of License: A license to sell consumer fireworks shall be issued subject to the following conditions:
1. The license is nontransferable, either to a different person or location.
2. The license must be publicly displayed on the licensed premises.
3. The premises are subject to inspection by city fire and police officers during normal business hours.
4. The premises for which a license will be issued must be located in a zoning district permitting retail sales.
5. Consumer fireworks shall only be stored in or sold from buildings or retail stands that comply with National Fire Protection Association standard 1124 (2003 edition) as required under Minnesota statutes, section 624.20(d)(2).
6. Storage of consumer fireworks on the premises must be in compliance with the Minnesota state fire code.
7. Consumer fireworks shall not be sold to persons under the age of eighteen (18).
8. The display of consumer fireworks in exit access aisles, corridors, covered malls or within five feet (5') of exits and exterior exit doors is prohibited. (Ord. 2011-06, 6-21-2011)