Skip to code content (skip section selection)
VILLAGE OF ROSCOE
ORDINANCE NO. 2007-9
ORDINANCE NO. 2007-9
AN ORDINANCE ENACTING A CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE VILLAGE OF ROSCOE, ILLINOIS, REVISING, AMENDING, RESTATING, CODIFYING AND COMPILING CERTAIN EXISTING GENERAL ORDINANCES OF THE VILLAGE OF ROSCOE, ILLINOIS DEALING WITH SUBJECTS EMBRACED IN SUCH CODE OF ORDINANCES, AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, the present general and permanent ordinances of the Village are inadequately arranged and classified and are insufficient in form and substance for the complete preservation of the public peace, health, safety and general welfare of the Village and for the proper conduct of its affairs; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Roscoe is authorized and empowered by statute to revise, amend, restate, codify and compile any existing ordinances and all new ordinances not heretofore adopted or published and to incorporate such ordinances into one ordinance in book form; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Roscoe Board of Trustees has authorized a general compilation, revision and codification of the ordinances of the Village of a general and permanent nature and publication of such ordinance in book form; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to provide for the usual daily operation of the Village and for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety and general welfare of the Village that this ordinance take effect at an early date.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE PRESIDENT AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE VILLAGE OF ROSCOE, ILLINOIS, AS FOLLOWS:
1) The general ordinances of the Village as revised, amended, restated, codified, and compiled in book form are hereby adopted as and shall constitute the "Village of Roscoe, Illinois Code of Ordinances."
2) The Code of Ordinances adopted herein shall consist of the following Titles:
TITLE I: GENERAL PROVISIONS
TITLE III: ADMINISTRATION
TITLE V: PUBLIC WORKS
TITLE VII: TRAFFIC CODE
TITLE IX: GENERAL REGULATIONS
TITLE XI: BUSINESS REGULATIONS
TITLE XIII: GENERAL OFFENSES
TITLE XV: LAND USAGE
TABLE OF SPECIAL ORDINANCES
3) All prior ordinances pertaining to the subjects treated in such Code of Ordinances shall be deemed repealed from and after the effective date of this ordinance except as they are included and reordained in whole or in part in such Code; provided, such repeal shall not affect any offense committed or penalty incurred or any right established prior to the effective date of this ordinance, nor shall such repeal affect the provisions of ordinances levying taxes, appropriating money, annexing or detaching territory, establishing franchises, or granting special rights to certain persons, authorizing public improvements, authorizing the issuance of bonds or borrowing of money, authorizing the purchase or sale of real or personal property, granting or accepting easements, plat or dedication of land to public use, vacating or setting the boundaries of streets or other public places; nor shall such repeal affect any other ordinance of a temporary or special nature or pertaining to subjects not contained in or covered by the Code.
4) Such Code shall be deemed published as of the day of its adoption and approval by the Village Board of Trustees, and the Village Clerk is hereby authorized and ordered to file a copy of such Code of Ordinances in the Office of the Clerk.
5) Such Code shall be in full force and effect as provided in Paragraph 6 below, and such Code shall be presumptive evidence in all courts and places of the ordinance and all provisions, sections, penalties and regulations therein contained and of the date of passage, and that the same is properly signed, attested, recorded, and approved and that any public hearings and notices thereof as required by law have been given.
6) This ordinance is declared to be an emergency measure necessary for the immediate preservation of the peace, health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the Village and shall take effect at the earliest date provided by law.
PASSED AND APPROVED by the Board of Trustees this 19th day of April, 2007.
H. Ward Stewart /s/
H. Ward Stewart
Bonnie L. Miles /s/
Bonnie L. Miles