The person to whom a certificate has been issued may, by appropriate endorsement thereon by the Chief of Police, substitute another vehicle or other vehicles for the vehicle or vehicles for which the certificate was granted. In such instances, the liability insurance or bonds shall also be transferred to such substitute vehicle or vehicles; providing, however, the vehicle or vehicles substituted shall be approved by the Chief of Police or by a person designated by him or her for such purpose.
(1997 Code, § 114.18) (Ord. passed - -; Ord. passed 1-9-1979)