Any person owning property within the city may apply to the city council to vacate a utility easement located on his property. The property owner shall do so by submitting a written application to the community development director.
   A.   The application shall be accompanied by written permission from all interested utilities agreeing to the vacation of the easement.
   B.   The community development director shall submit the application to the city council as soon as practical after he receives it, along with his recommendation as to whether or not the easement should be vacated. The city council shall consider the application at its next meeting.
   C.   It is the policy of the city to vacate such utility easements when so doing appears to be in the best interest of all concerned parties. (Ord. 854, 5-6-2014)