Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Installation Requirements: All water meters and connections to the culinary water system of the city shall be made according to the following requirements: (1985 Code § 18-1-1)
1. All meters shall be of a type and manufacturer approved by the city.
2. All meters shall be installed per standard drawings and specifications.
3. All meters shall be installed so that the top of the meter is eighteen inches (18") below the meter box lid.
4. All meters two inches (2") and over must be provided with a bypass line. The meter must be placed on the direct water line.
5. No meter larger in size than the tap on the water main will be installed on any service.
6. All meters shall be set by an authorized representative of the city, or under the direct supervision of such authorized representative of the city; and shall be set, or the main opened, only after proper permit has been obtained from said city after payment of the fees prescribed by resolution. (1985 Code § 18-1-1; amd. 2001 Code)
B. Improper Installation; Penalty: Any installation made contrary to the provisions of this chapter shall be deemed to be unlawful, and any person making such installation, or permitting such installation, shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and upon conviction, subject to penalty as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code; and in addition, the City may refuse to permit the use of such installation until the same is made in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. (1985 Code § 18-1-2; amd. 2001 Code)