Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All new development in the city shall comply with the provisions of this chapter and the requirements of the State Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance referenced above, which is incorporated herein by this reference. All required landscaping shall be installed by the developer and approved by the Development Services Department prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy for any building, unless other arrangements are agreed to by the Community Development Director.
(A) Exceptions. The following shall be exempt from the provisions of this section:
(1) Yards and landscape areas for single family homes when not installed by the builder or developer prior to or as a condition of home sales.
(2) Interior remodels, tenant improvements and demolitions.
(3) Changes of use to any existing building.
(4) Replacement or repair of existing plant material or irrigation systems in conjunction with routine maintenance of existing projects.
(5) Modifications or additions to existing structures which do not result in an increase of more than 10% of the floor area, or 1,000 square feet, whichever is greater.
(B) Statutory authority in case of conflicting provisions. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect, annul or abrogate any other laws or ordinances pertaining or applicable to the properties and areas affected by this chapter.
(Ord. 2014-005, passed 6-10-14)