Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of this chapter is to protect the public health, safety, property, general welfare, and aesthetics by regulating and establishing performance standards for all grading/clearing (including initial clearing, brushing or grubbing, and subsequent excavating or filling) on private and public lands.
(B) This chapter establishes grading/clearing performance standards and permit thresholds for all grading/clearing activities designed to:
(1) Regulate the development of potentially hazardous terrain;
(2) Conserve the general visual character of grading/clearing sites and settings;
(3) Enhance the aesthetic value of new development;
(4) Conserve the aesthetic value of surrounding properties;
(5) Protect water quality;
(6) Minimize adverse impacts on air quality;
(7) Reduce propagation of noxious weeds; and
(8) Minimize adverse storm water impacts.
(Ord. 2004-006, passed 8-23-04)