Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Automobile and truck painting.
(B) Amusement park, carnival, circus, fairgrounds, open-air church, open-air theater, and race track other than as allowed in § 153.106(LL).
(C) Apartments, boarding houses, multiple dwelling, dwelling groups and rooming houses provided it is determined that the use will not adversely affect commercial uses in the area and that commercial uses will not adversely affect the proposed use.
(D) Borrow pit to a depth of more than three feet.
(E) Bus terminal.
(F) Ceramic products, manufacture of, using previously pulverized clay and kilns fired only by electricity or low pressure gas.
(G) Cleaning (including carpet) and dyeing plant.
(H) Contractor's yard, when enclosed within a six-foot high fence or screen planting.
(I) Draying, freighting and storage when provided with a lock box system so emergency personnel have access to information regarding materials currently stored on the property.
(J) Dump, refuse disposal, and sewage disposal plant.
(K) Feed and fuel (solid) yard.
(L) Massage parlor.
(M) Natural mineral resources, the development of, or exploration for, together with the necessary buildings, apparatus, or appurtenances incidental thereto.
(N) One dwelling unit if the following requirements are met:
(1) The dwelling unit shall be clearly secondary to the commercial use of the property.
(2) There are no other residences on the property.
(3) The dwelling unit shall not be rented or leased independent of the principal use to which it is necessary.
(4) The exterior of any residential unit shall be compatible with the commercial building(s) on the property.
(5) The permit shall be reviewed annually to ensure continued compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
(6) A finding shall be made that other feasible security measures have been tried and that there is a demonstrated need for additional security.
(O) Service station.
(P) Tire recapping, rebuilding, retreading.
(Q) Warehouse, wholesale building.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(R) Automobile repair, body work, and steam cleaning subject to the following restrictions:
(1) All work shall be conducted within the building.
(2) The area required to meet the off-street parking requirements of § 153.184(C) shall not be used to store cars for more than 24 hours.
(3) All cars to be stored for more than 24 hours shall be stored within the building or in a storage area that is surrounded by a six-foot high solid fence.
(Ord. 88-14, passed 11-28-88)
(S) Emergency shelters as defined in § 153.003.
(T) Transitional housing as defined in § 153.003.
(U) Supportive housing as defined in § 153.003.
(V) Hookah lounges and vapor bars, as defined in § 153.003 and shall meet the following minimum proximity requirements:
(1) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 1,000 feet of any other such shop.
(2) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 500 feet of any parcel of land zoned for residential use.
(3) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 600 feet of any parcel of land that contains any one or more of the following specific land uses:
(a) Religious facility;
(c) Day nursery;
(d) Public playground/park/recreation area;
(f) Vocational or professional institution; or
(g) Institution of higher education, including community or junior college, college, or university.
(`67 Code, § 10-8A-3) (Am. Ord. 2015-002, passed 2-24-15; Am. Ord. 2015-009, passed 4-14-15)