Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Height limit.
(1) No structure (excepting conventional television aerials) shall exceed two stories or 35 feet.
(2) No fence, hedge, or screen planting (excluding wire fences, and non solid fences which do not limit visibility as determined by the Community Development Director) shall be constructed or permitted to grow in excess of three feet in height within any front yard or side yard of a corner lot.
(B) Building site area required.
(1) Minimum area, dwellings:
(a) For one and two family dwellings - 6,000 square feet.
(b) For each unit in excess of two dwelling units - 2,000 square feet, not to exceed 20 units per net acre.
(2) Minimum area, commercial uses - sufficient to provide the minimum yard and parking requirements.
(3) Minimum width, interior lot - 55 feet.
(4) Minimum width, corner lot - 65 feet.
(5) Minimum depth - 100 feet.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(C) Yards and open spaces required - single-family dwellings, duplexes, and triplexes.
(1) Front yard and side yard of a corner lot - none except that a building shall not be closer than ten feet to any street less than 70 feet in width.
(2) Side or rear yard, interior lots - none except if the C-1 district abuts an R district the yard shall be five feet.
(3) Detached accessory buildings - ten feet from any other buildings on the lots.
(4) No vehicle opening of any building shall be closer than 20 feet to the property line or planned right-of-way line toward which the opening faces.
(D) Yards and open spaces required - uses other than single-family dwellings, duplexes, and triplexes.
(1) Front, side or rear yard - the minimum setbacks shall be as required by § 153.183(D).
(2) Detached accessory buildings - ten feet from any other buildings on the lots.
(3) No vehicle opening of any building shall be closer than 20 feet to the property line or planned right-of-way line toward which the opening faces.
(4) Loading docks shall be so located that trucks will head in and head out and not use the public street for maneuvering, loading and unloading.
(Ord. 90-01, passed 1-22-90)
(E) Floor area ratio requirements - residential uses.
(1) For single story buildings - 0.60:1.0
(2) For two story buildings - 0.80:1.0
(`67 Code, § 10-7-4)