Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Height limit.
(1) For dwellings and other main buildings three stories but in no case to exceed 45 feet.
(2) For accessory buildings – 15 feet.
(3) No fence (excluding wire fences and nonsolid fences which do not limit visibility as determined by the Community Development Director) shall be constructed in excess of eight feet in height within any side or rear yard, except fences within the side or rear yard which encloses electrical substations, which may be constructed to the height required by law.
(4) No fence, hedge or screen planting (excluding wire fences and nonsolid fences which do not limit visibility as determined by the Community Development Director) shall be constructed or permitted to grow in excess of three feet in height within any front yard or side yard of a corner lot.
(B) Building site area required.
(1) Minimum area:
(a) For one and two family dwellings or non-dwelling main buildings – 6,000 square feet.
(b) For each unit in excess of two dwelling units – 2,000 square feet, not to exceed 20 units per net acre.
(2) Minimum width, interior lot – 55 feet.
(3) Minimum width, corner lot – 65 feet.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(4) Minimum depth – 100 feet unless otherwise approved by the Planning Commission or City Council, whichever is the final decision making body. Plot plans of lots for which less than the minimum depth is requested may be required to ensure that the lot is usable for residential purposes.
(Ord. 88-14, passed 11-28-88)
(C) Yards and open spaces required - single-family dwellings, duplexes and triplexes:
(1) Front yard and side yard of a corner lot - not less than 15 feet from the planned right-of-way line, provided that no vehicle opening of any building is closer than 20 feet to the property line or planned right-of-way line toward which the opening faces.
(2) Rear yard when lot backs up to an arterial – ten feet.
(3) Side or rear yard, interior lots, all other cases – five feet.
(4) Detached accessory buildings, including accessory dwelling units - ten feet from any other buildings.
(D) Yards and open spaces required - uses other than single-family dwellings, duplexes and triplexes. The minimum setbacks shall be as required by § 153.183(D) of this chapter.
(Ord. 90-01, passed 1-22-90)
(E) Lot coverage. No more than 60% of the lot may be covered by buildings.
(F) Floor area ratio requirements.
(1) For single story buildings - 0.60:1.0.
(2) For two story buildings - 0.80:1.0.
(3) For three story buildings - 1.20:1.0.
(G) Minimum building size.
(1) Single-family dwellings and mobile homes – 900 square feet.
(2) All other uses - No minimum size.
(`67 Code, § 10-5-4) (Am. Ord. 2017-010, passed 10-24-17)