Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Height limit.
(1) For dwellings and other main buildings, including accessory dwelling units – 35 feet.
(2) For accessory buildings - 15 feet.
(3) No fence (excluding wire fences and nonsolid fences which do not limit visibility as determined by the Community Development Director) shall be constructed in excess of eight feet in height within any side or rear yard, except fences within the side or rear yard which encloses electrical substations, which may be constructed to the height required by law.
(4) No fence, hedge or screen planting (excluding wire fences and nonsolid fences which do not limit visibility as determined by the Community Development Director) shall be constructed or permitted to grow in excess of three feet in height within any front yard or side yard of a corner lot.
(B) Building site area required.
(1) Minimum area – 6,000 square feet.
(2) Minimum width, interior lot – 55 feet.
(3) Minimum width, corner lot – 65 feet.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(4) Minimum depth – 100 feet unless otherwise approved by the Planning Commission or City Council, whichever is the final decision making body. Plot plans of lots for which less than the minimum depth is requested may be required to ensure that the lot is usable for residential purposes.
(Ord. 88-14, passed 11-28-88)
(C) Yards and open spaces required.
(1) Front yard and side yard of a corner lot - not less than 15 feet from the planned right-of-way line, provided that no vehicle opening of any building is closer than 20 feet to the property line or planned right-of-way line toward which the opening faces.
(2) Side or rear yard when lot abuts an arterial – ten feet.
(3) Side or rear yard, interior lots, all other cases – five feet.
(4) Detached accessory buildings – ten feet from any other buildings.
(Ord. 90-01, passed 1-22-90)
(D) Lot coverage. No more than 50% of the lot may be covered by buildings.
(E) Off-street parking. As required in § 153.184.
(F) Minimum building size.
(1) Single-family dwellings and mobile homes – 900 square feet.
(2) All other uses - No minimum size.
(G) Density. Maximum permissible density of 12 dwelling units per net acre.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(H) Open space requirements. All multiple residential uses of two or more dwelling units on one lot shall provide a fenced playground (or other open space in the case of an adult-only facility) of at least 50 square feet per unit with a minimum area of 300 square feet provided regardless of the number of units. This area shall not be a lineal open space but should have a width to depth ratio not exceeding one to two (1:2). Except in very large complexes (more than 50 units) this required open space shall be in one location.
(`67 Code, § 10-4-4) (Ord. 89-22, passed 1-8-90; Am. Ord. 2017-010, passed 10-24-17)