Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) One single-family dwelling or one manufactured home provided that the manufactured home meets the following restrictions:
(1) Manufactured homes may be installed only if no more than ten years has elapsed between the date of manufacture and the date of application for a permit to install the manufactured home.
(2) Manufactured homes must be on a foundation system approved by resolution of the City Council.
(3) All manufactured homes shall be subject to review and approval by the Community Development Director with respect to orientation on the lot, siding material, roofing materials and roof overhang to ensure, to the greatest extent feasible, compatibility with surrounding structures. A pictorial representation of the proposed manufactured home shall be submitted with the application.
(4) No other dwelling units (i.e. single family, duplex, multiple family, apartments or dwelling groups) shall be allowed on the same lot.
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87; Am. Ord. 2002-001, passed 1-28-02)
(B) Accessory buildings are normally incidental to a single-family dwelling provided that such buildings are constructed concurrent with, or subsequent to the construction of the single-family dwelling. NORMALLY INCIDENTAL shall be deemed to mean that, in addition to a garage (either attached or detached), the maximum size of the accessory building shall be determined by maximum lot coverage.
(1) A detached accessory building, other than a covered patio as defined herein, may occupy not more than 50% of a required rear yard, subject to the following requirements within an "R" district:
(a) No detached accessory building shall be closer than six feet to the main building, exclusive of roof covering;
(b) No detached accessory building shall be allowed within the required yard areas, exclusive of roof covering;
(c) Seven and one-half feet shall be the maximum height for a "shed" located at the setback line. A shed height may be increased one and one-half feet for every one foot back from the setback line to a maximum height of 15 feet;
(d) A detached gazebo shall not be located closer than six feet to the main building exclusive of roof covering; shall not exceed a maximum height of 15 feet.
(Ord. 88-14, passed 11-28-88; Am. Ord. 2004-001, passed 6-14-04)
(C) Family day care centers limited to six paying guests.
(D) Family day care centers for seven to 12 paying guests when the following criteria are met:
(1) At least one off-street parking space shall be provided for each employee.
(2) There are no other day care centers for more than six paying guests within 300 feet of the exterior boundaries of the subject site.
(3) In addition to the required employee parking, there shall be provided at least two off-street parking spaces for loading and unloading of guests. These spaces shall be so located that vehicles head in and head out without using the public street for maneuvering, loading or unloading.
(F) Public parks and public buildings.
(G) Temporary real estate office and sign (not to exceed 100 square feet in area) may be located on any new subdivision for a period of not more than two years from the date of recording of the map of the subdivision upon which the office and sign are located. This time limit shall automatically be extended under the conditions in § 153.285(A)(1)(g) of this chapter.
(H) Temporary construction buildings to house tools and equipment or containing supervisory office in connection with construction projects during active construction on the same property.
(I) Residential care homes in which no more than six persons not of the immediate family are provided with food, shelter and care for compensation, but not including hospitals, clinics or similar institutions devoted primarily to diagnosis and treatment of disease or injury.
(K) Garage sales, as defined in § 153.003.
(L) Temporary uses such as a circus, carnival, fair or festival provided that they meet the following requirements:
(1) The use shall be temporary in nature and shall not last more than four days.
(2) The organizers of the event shall notify the Riverbank Police Services Division of their intentions at least 30 days prior to the scheduled beginning of the event.
(3) A business license shall be obtained as required by § 110.18 of the City Code.
(4) Licenses will only be issued to local businesses or shopping centers when conducted on the same property as the business/shopping center or to local nonprofit organizations.
(M) Temporary mobile home for ill or aged family members as regulated by § 153.219 of the City Code.
(N) Accessory dwelling unit meeting § 153.325.
(O) One duplex on a corner lot, provided that the front door and garage of each unit faces a different street and that garages are recessed five feet from living quarters subject to an architectural and site plan review application approved by the Community Development Director.
(P) Employee housing (no more than six workers per unit and no more than 12 units or 36 beds), farmworker housing, transitional housing, supportive housing.
(`67 Code, § 10-3-2) (Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87; Am. Ord. 2003-014, passed 11-10-03; Am. Ord. 2008-008, passed 9-8-08; Am. Ord. 2017-010, passed 10-24-17)