Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall engage in or participate in any live performance depicting specified anatomical areas or involving specified sexual activities in an adult entertainment business without a valid adult entertainment business performer permit issued by the city. All persons who have been issued an adult entertainment business regulatory permit shall promptly supplement the information provided as part of the application for the permit required by § 118.04, with the names of all performers required to obtain an adult entertainment business performer permit, within 30 days of any change in the information originally submitted. Failure to submit such changes shall be grounds for suspension of the adult entertainment business regulatory permit.
(B) The Sheriff's Commander shall grant, deny and renew adult entertainment business employee permits.
(C) The application for a permit shall be made on a form provided by the Sheriff's Commander. An original and two copies of the completed and sworn permit application shall be filed with the Sheriff's Commander.
(D) The completed application shall contain the following information and be accompanied by the following documents:
(1) The applicant's legal name and any other names (including stage names and aliases) used by the applicant;
(2) Age, date and place of birth;
(3) Height, weight, hair and eye color;
(4) Present residence address and telephone number;
(5) Whether the applicant has ever been convicted of:
(a) Any of the offenses set forth in Cal. Penal Code §§ 315, 316, 266a, 266b, 266c, 266e, 266g, 266h, 266i, 647(a), 647(b) and 647(d) as those sections now exist or may hereafter be amended or renumbered.
(b) The equivalent of the aforesaid offenses outside the State of California.
(6) Whether the person is or has ever been licensed or registered as a prostitute, or otherwise authorized by the laws of any other jurisdiction to engage in prostitution in any other jurisdiction. If any person mentioned in this division has ever been licensed or registered as a prostitute, or otherwise authorized by the laws of any other state to engage in prostitution, a statement shall be submitted giving the place of registration, licensing or legal authorization, and the inclusive dates during which the person was so licensed, registered, or authorized to engage in prostitution;
(7) State driver's license or identification number;
(8) Satisfactory written proof that the applicant is at least 18 years of age;
(9) The applicant's fingerprints on a form provided by the Sheriff's Commander, and a color photograph clearly showing the applicant's face. Any fees for the photographs and fingerprints shall be paid by the applicant;
(10) If the application is made for the purpose of renewing a license, the applicant shall attach a copy of the license to be renewed.
(E) The completed application shall be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee. The amount of the fee shall be set by resolution of the City Council.
(F) Upon receipt of an application and payment of the application fees, the Sheriff's Commander shall immediately stamp the application as received and promptly investigate the application.
(G) If the Sheriff's Commander determines that the applicant has completed the application improperly, the Sheriff's Commander shall promptly notify the applicant of the fact and grant the applicant an extension of time of not more than ten days to complete the application properly. In addition, the applicant may request an extension, not to exceed ten days, of the time for the City Manager to act on the application. The time period for granting or denying a permit shall be stayed during the period in which the applicant is granted an extension of time.
(Ord. 2000-07, passed 6-26-00)