Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) First license. Upon a person making application for the first license to be issued hereunder or for a newly established business, such person shall furnish to the Collector a sworn statement, upon a form provided by the Collector; setting forth the following information:
(1) The exact nature or kind of business for which a license is requested;
(2) The place where such business is to be carried on, and if the same is not to be carried on at any permanent place of business, the places of residences of the owners of same;
(3) In the event that application is made for the issuance of a license to a person doing business under a fictitious name, the application shall set forth the names and places of residence of those owning the business;
(4) In the event that the application is made for the issuance of a license to a corporation or a partnership, the application shall set forth the names and places of residences of the officers or partners thereof;
(5) Any further information which the Collector may require to enable him to issue the type of license applied for.
(Ord. 74-19, passed 9-9-74)
(B) Denial of application. If the City Manager, upon reading the application shall be of the opinion that the granting of the license would endanger the public health, safety or morals, he may refer such application to the Council, who shall consider the application at its next regular or an earlier called special meeting, and, if the Council, after granting the applicant a hearing, shall by resolution declare that the granting of the application will, in its judgment, endanger the public health, safety or morals, the application may be denied.
(`67 Code, § 6-1-10)