Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Red, yellow, and green markings.
(1) The Street Commissioner is hereby authorized, subject to the provisions and limitations of this title to place, and when required herein shall place, the following curb markings to indicate parking or standing regulations and the curb marking shall have the meaning as herein set forth.
(a) Red shall mean no stopping, standing or parking at any time; except that a bus stop in a red zone marked or signed as a bus zone.
(b) Yellow shall mean no stopping, standing or parking at any time between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. of any day except Sunday for any purpose other than the loading or unloading of materials, provided that the loading or unloading of materials shall not consume more than 30 minutes.
(Ord. 41, passed 5-21-37)
(c) Green shall mean no stopping, standing or parking for more than ten minutes at any time between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on any day except Sunday.
(Ord. 102, passed 9-11-51)
(2) When the Street Commissioner, as authorized under this title, has caused curb markings to be placed, no person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle adjacent to any such legible curb marking in violation of any of the provisions of this section.
(Ord. 41, passed 5-21-37)
(`67 Code, § 9-2-7)
(B) Blue curb parking.
(1) Use of blue curb spaces. Persons using “blue curb” parking spaces shall comply with the following:
(a) No person shall park or stand any vehicle in a disabled persons parking zone (blue curb) unless the vehicle bears a special license or displays a special placard issued under the provisions of Cal. Veh. Code § 9105 or § 22511.5.
(b) Parking zones for the physically handicapped are subject to any temporary parking prohibitions established by the city.
(2) On-street parking. The City Council, by resolution, shall designate special “blue curb” parking spaces for the purpose of providing on-street parking and off-street parking in publicly owned or controlled parking facilities for exclusive use by physically handicapped persons.
(3) Off-street/privately financed facilities. The city hereby declares that there are privately owned and operated parking facilities which may reserve parking stalls for exclusive use by physically handicapped persons.
(a) On-street blue curb spaces. Blue curb spaces shall be indicated by blue paint on the curb edge of the paved portion of the street. For further identification, the international symbol of access may be painted on the blue curb in white followed by the word “ONLY”.
(b) Off-street/publicly owned facilities. Designation of blue curbs parking stalls in publicly financed off-street parking facilities shall be made by posting immediately adjacent to, and visible from same, a sign consisting of the international symbol of access.
(c) Off-street/privately financed facilities. Designation of “blue curb” parking stalls in privately financed off-street parking facilities shall be made by posting immediately adjacent to, and visible from same a sign consisting of the international symbol of access.
(Ord. 77-25, passed 10-25-77)
(`67 Code, § 9-2-19)