Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Prior to collection, all refuse shall be stored in approved automated collection containers provided by the city's collector, unless an alternative is approved pursuant to § 50.07.
(2) The city's collector will not remove or cause to be removed from the premises any refuse which is not so contained, except as otherwise provided in this section.
(1) The separation of garbage and trash shall not be required.
(Ord. 71-4, passed 6-28-71)
(2) Recyclables may be separated from the refuse and stored in approved automated collection containers prior to collection.
(C) Frequency of collection. The city's collector shall collect refuse a minimum of once each week from all dwelling units in the city. The city's collector shall collect recyclables in the city once every other week based on a scheduling calendar approved by the City Manager and provided to city residents each year by the city's collector.
(Ord. 71-16, passed 11-22-71)
(`67 Code, § 4-3-6)
(D) Types of residential service.
(1) Curb service. All curb and alley service customers shall place the refuse container at the curb in the street or in the alley not later than 6:00 a.m. on the day of collection and shall remove the refuse containers from the curb or alley on the same day as collection.
(2) Alley service. Where alley service is provided, containers must be placed upon the customer's premises, immediately adjacent to and accessible from the alley without the necessity of entering the premises. Containers shall be placed to provide the necessary clearance from obstructions on either side of the container as well as overhead clearance needed for the collection vehicle to empty the contents of the container without causing damage to public or private property.
(3) Walk-in service. Walk-in service is available to those customers who have applied to and have been approved by the City Manager. This service shall be limited to only those dwellings where there is no able-bodied resident capable of placing the container in the approved location. If approved by the City Manager, there shall be no additional charge for this service.
(4) Containerized service. Containerized service may be used for apartments, multiple-dwellings, single-family dwellings, and for places of business.
(`67 Code, § 4-3-7) (Ord. 71-4, passed 6-28-71; Am. Ord. 2003-005, passed 5-27-03)