Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following fines shall be imposed for violations of this chapter that take place within a calendar year:
(1) Upon the first two notices of violation issued for false alarms or operation of an illegal telephone dialing device, no fine shall be charged, but a record of the violation/s shall be made.
(2) Upon the third notice of violation for a false alarm or operation of an illegal telephone dialing device, a fine of $25 shall be imposed.
(3) Upon the fourth notice of violation for a false alarm or operation of an illegal telephone dialing device, a fine of $50 shall be imposed.
(4) Upon the fifth notice of violation, for a false alarm or operation of an illegal telephone dialing device and upon each and every other notice of violation thereafter, a fine of $100 shall be imposed.
(5) All fines imposed by this section shall be paid to the RCSD within 30 days after the notice of violation is served. In the event such fines are not paid as required, penalties may be imposed in accordance with division (B) below. All fines collected shall be deposited in the Ripley County General Fund.
(B) The Ripley County Attorney or the attorney for the Ripley County Sheriff is hereby authorized to institute court action under the authority of I.C. 36-1-6-3(b) or I.C. 36-1-6-4 to enforce any provisions of this chapter, including the payment of fines. In such event, the court is authorized to impose, in addition to any unpaid fines imposed under division (A) above, penalties of up to $2,500 for the first violation, and up to $7,500 for a second and subsequent violations, pursuant to § 10.99 of this Code, and I.C. 36-1-3-8(a)(10).
(Ord. 2018-01, passed 5-7-2018)