Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Board of Commissioners of the county hereby declare the need for the county to help in providing fire protection for the county and, in order to fulfill said need, hereby agrees to expend the sums of money set by the Board of Commissioners to the respective fire departments for the provision of said fire protection:
(1) Morris Volunteer Fire Department: $1,116;
(2) Friendship Volunteer Fire Department: $812;
(3) Sunman Rural Fire Department: $1,668;
(4) Milan Volunteer Fire Department: $2,839;
(5) Delaware Community Volunteer Fire Department: $738;
(6) Napoleon Volunteer Fire Department: $2,110;
(7) Osgood Volunteer Fire Department: $1,736;
(8) Batesville Community Fire Association: $3,221;
(9) Otter Creek Township Volunteer Fire Department: $931;
(10) New Marion Volunteer Fire Department: $770; and
(11) Versailles Fire Department, Inc.: $2,031.
(B) Said funds shall be paid to said departments for the year 1985, and for each continuing year thereafter, unless this chapter is repealed. The amounts may be increased or decreased by the Board each succeeding year through its budget process. The areas of protection which each fire department shall be responsible shall be that area as defined by the County Fire Chief’s Association.
(Ord. 77-1, passed 3-7-1977; Ord. 1985-1, passed 5-20-1985)