Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The City Council shall revoke a permit if a cause of suspension in Section 3-6-15 of this Chapter occurs and the permit has been suspended within the preceding twelve (12) months.
B. The City Council shall revoke a permit upon determining that:
1. A permittee gave false or misleading information in the material submitted during the application process that tended to enhance the applicant's opportunity for obtaining a permit;
2. A permittee or an employee has knowingly allowed possession, use or sale of controlled substances in or on the premises;
3. A permittee or an employee has knowingly allowed prostitution on the premises;
4. A permittee or an employee knowingly operated the sexually oriented business during a period of time when the permittee's permit was suspended;
5. A permittee has been convicted of a "Specified Criminal Act" for which the time period required in Section 3-6-11 of this Chapter has not elapsed;
6. On two (2) or more occasions within a twelve (12) month period, a person or persons committed an offense, occurring in or on the permitted premises, constituting a specified criminal act for which a conviction has been obtained, and the person or persons were employees of the sexually oriented business at the time the offenses were committed. The fact that a conviction is being appealed shall have no effect on the revocation of the permit;
7. A permittee is convicted of tax violations for any taxes or fees related to a sexually oriented business;
8. A permittee or an employee has knowingly allowed any act of sexual intercourse, sodomy, oral copulation, masturbation, or any other specified sexual activities to occur in or on the permitted premises; or
9. A permittee has been operating more than one (1) sexually oriented business under a single roof except as provided in Section 3-6-3 C.
C. When the City Council revokes a permit, the revocation shall continue for one (1) year and the permittee shall not be issued a sexually oriented business permit for one (1) year from the date revocation became effective. If, subsequent to revocation, the City Council finds that the basis for revocation under Section 3-6-6 of this Chapter has been corrected, the applicant shall be granted a permit if at least ninety (90) days have elapsed since the date revocation became effective. If the permit was revoked under Section 3-6-6 of this Chapter, an applicant may not be granted another permit until the number of years required under Section 3-6-6 have elapsed. (Ord. 2019-607, 8-15-2019)