Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Required. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or conduct a public dance hall in the county, without having first obtained a license therefor as provided in this section.
(B) Issuance of license. The license required for public dance halls by this subchapter shall be issued by the Commissioner of the Revenue of the county. But not in any case shall the Commissioner of the Revenue issue such, until after the person applying therefor shall have received approval from the Board of Supervisors.
(C) License tax.
(1) The tax for a license to conduct one dance within a 12-month period shall be $10.
(2) The tax for a license to conduct three or more dances within a 12-month period shall be $100.
(3) The tax for a license to conduct three or more dances within a 12-month period shall be $100.
(4) Licenses issued pursuant to this section shall be for the entire ensuing 12-month period and shall not be prorated. A new license shall be required for each succeeding 12-month period.
(5) Permits and license issued pursuant to this section shall not be transferable or assignable.
(6) Any change in the ownership, management, or location of a public dance hall shall automatically cause any permit and/or license issued pursuant to this subchapter to be null and void.
(Ord. passed 2-14-1985) Penalty, see § 110.99