Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In deciding whether to grant, grant in modified form, or deny a permit, the Board shall consider the following:
(1) The testimony of any person in support of or in opposition to the permit application;
(2) The impact of the proposed development on the public health, safety, and welfare; and
(3) The proposed development’s conformance with standards prescribed in VA Code § 28.2-1308 and guidelines promulgated pursuant to VA Code § 28.2-1301.
(B) The Board shall grant the permit if all of the following criteria are met:
(1) The anticipated public and private benefit of the proposed activity exceeds its anticipated public and private detriment;
(2) The proposed development conforms with the standards prescribed in VA Code § 28.2-1308 and guidelines promulgated pursuant to VA Code § 28.2-1301; and
(3) The proposed activity does not violate the purposes and intent of this chapter or VA Code Title 28.2, Chapter 13, §§ 28.2-1300 et seq.
(C) If the Board finds that any of the criteria listed in division (B) above are not met, the Board shall deny the permit application but allow the applicant to resubmit the application in modified form.
(Ord. passed 6-14-1984)