Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Fires requiring a permit in accordance with the provisions set forth above shall be subject to the following regulations:
(A) The Richmond Fire/Rescue Department shall be notified prior to burning commencing. The site will be inspected by the Fire Chief and/or a member of the Richmond Fire Department appointed by the Fire Chief. Upon inspection of the type of material, size of burn and weather conditions, a permit may be issued for that burn. The permit will be substantially as is depicted on the form attached to Ordinance 16-28 and incorporated herein as though here set forth in full. All issued permits shall be readily available at the burn site and shall be produced when requested by any member of the Fire Department or the Police Department; failure to produce a permit shall authorize city personnel to immediately extinguish any existing fire. Permits will be available at Richmond Fire Department Station 1# 200 North Madison Ave. during Business hours 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. No advance permits shall be issued due to changing weather conditions.
(B) The following are the conditions that must be met after issuing a permit for open burning:
(1) A competent adult shall be present at all times;
(2) A means of fire control will be readily available;
(3) The burn shall not be conducted after dark;
(4) The burn shall not be conducted after 12:00 noon on Saturdays or any time on Sundays or holidays;
(5) All fires shall be extinguished prior to dark; and
(6) All fires shall be located at a safe distance from any structure, sidewalk, vehicle, or overhead power lines.
(Ord. 96-69, passed 10-15-96; Am. Ord. 16-28, passed 10-11-16) Penalty, see § 92.99