Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person or entity who has failed to make payment to the city in full of any delinquent obligation owed to the city shall not be eligible:
(1) To receive from the city any permit or license issued by the Codes Enforcement Department;
(2) To receive from the city a city business license;
(3) To have reviewed for approval any site development plan, major or minor plat, consolidation plat, preliminary plat, or final plat by the Planning and Zoning Department or the Planning and Zoning Commission;
(4) To have reviewed by the Board of Adjustments any request or application for a conditional use permit, a variance, or a waiver;
(5) To have performed by Codes Enforcement Department personnel, Planning and Zoning personnel, or the city’s Electrical Inspector any inspection; or
(6) To do any business with the city whether as a vendor, supplier, or contractor.
(B) The term DELINQUENT OBLIGATION as used herein shall be defined to mean:
(1) The non-payment of city ad valorem property taxes, whether on realty or personalty, which are delinquent in accordance with applicable city ordinance or state statute;
(2) The non-payment of city payroll taxes or net profit taxes which are delinquent in accordance with applicable city ordinance or state statute;
(3) The non-payment of fines or penalties assessed by the city, or any city department, within 30 days of their having become final in accordance with applicable city ordinance or state statute; and
(4) The non-payment of any costs associated with the city’s having abated any nuisance existing on a tract of land in the city, including without limitation, the costs of the demolition and removal of a dilapidated structure.
(Ord. 18-20, passed 8-28-18)