Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The Council shall by ordinance make provision for:
1. The time and place of regular meetings of Council;
2. The method of giving public notice of the enactment of its ordinances and resolutions and of any other of its acts or proceedings which it deems proper to publish.
B. The Council may by ordinance make provision for:
1. The form and method of enactment of its ordinances and resolutions, provided that no ordinance or resolution shall contain more than one subject which shall be clearly expressed in its title, and provided further that no ordinance or resolution of a general or permanent nature or granting a franchise, creating a right, involving the expenditure of money or the levying of a tax other than a resolution providing for an election on the question of issuing bonds or levying a tax, or for the purchase, lease, sale, or transfer of property shall be passed unless it has been read on three (3) different days unless the requirement for such reading be dispensed with by the affirmative vote of three-fourths (3/4) of the members elected or appointed to Council;
2. The procedure for making public improvements and levying assessments, including the procedure for combining two (2) or more public improvements, and the levying of assessments therefor, in one (1) proceeding if the Council finds that it will be economical and practical to undertake such improvements jointly;
3. The advertising and awarding of contracts, provided however there shall be competitive bidding for all Municipal contracts as provided by the general laws of the State of Ohio;
4. Such other general regulations as the Council may deem necessary.