An application, in cases in which the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals has original jurisdiction under the provisions of this section, may be made by any property owner, including a tenant, or by governmental officer, department, board, or bureau.  Such application shall be filed with the Building Inspector who shall transmit the same to the Board.
(1978 Code Sec. 1270.10)