Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The purpose of this chapter is to promote the public health, safety and welfare by establishing standards and criteria for the construction, installation, maintenance and operation of signs in the City of Reed City, which are subject to this chapter.
(b) More specifically, this chapter is intended to:
(1) Enhance and protect the physical appearance of the City; and
(2) Promote and maintain visually attractive high value residential, retail, commercial and industrial districts; and
(3) Promote the economic wellbeing of the community by creating a favorable physical image; and
(4) Protect public safety by reducing confusion and creating a safe environment for motorists and pedestrians; and
(5) Ensure that signs are located and designed to:
A. Provide an effective means of way-finding in the community;
B. Afford the community an equal and fair way to advertise and promote itself and its products and services;
C. Afford businesses, individuals and institutions a reasonable opportunity to use signs as an effective means of communication.
(Ord. 52. Passed 6-16-97; Ord. 07-05. Passed 7-16-08.)