Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The purposes of this chapter are to:
(a) Establish uniform requirements for direct and indirect contributors into the wastewater collection and treatment system owned and operated by the City of Reed City and to enable the City of Reed City to comply with applicable State and Federal laws and the General Pretreatment Regulations (40 CFR, Part 403);
(b) Prevent the introduction of pollutants into the Municipality's wastewater system which will:
(1) Interfere with the operation of the system;
(2) Cause the treatment plant to violate its NPDES permit;
(3) Contaminate the sludge;
(4) Pass through the system, inadequately treated, into receiving waters or the atmosphere:
(5) Pose a health threat to sewer workers; or
(6) Be otherwise incompatible with the system.
(c) Improve the opportunity to recycle and reclaim wastewaters and sludges from the system; and
(d) Provide for equitable distribution of the cost of the Municipal wastewater system.
(Ord. 22C. Passed 4-15-96.)