Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The position of Deputy Treasurer is hereby established.
(b) In the absence of the City Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer shall perform the following functions of the Treasurer:
(1) The Deputy Treasurer shall have the custody of all moneys of the City, any bond pertaining solely to the Clerk, and all evidences of indebtedness belonging to the City or held in trust by the City.
(2) The Deputy Treasurer shall collect all moneys of the City, the collection of which is not provided for elsewhere by Charter or ordinance. The Deputy Treasurer shall receive from other officers and employees of the City all moneys belonging to and receivable by the City that may be collected by such officers and employees, including fines, license fees, taxes, assessments and all other charges. All moneys shall be turned over to the Deputy Treasurer after collection or receipt, and he or she shall in all cases give a receipt therefor.
(3) The Deputy Treasurer shall keep and deposit all moneys or funds in such manner and only in such places as the Council may determine and shall report the same in detail to the City Manager.
(4) The Deputy Treasurer shall disburse all City funds in accordance with the provisions of statute, the Charter and procedures to be established by the Council.
(5) The Deputy Treasurer shall have such powers, duties and prerogatives in regard to the collection and custody of state, county, school district and city taxes as are conferred by statute upon township treasurers in connection with state, county, township and school district taxes upon real and personal property.
(6) The Deputy Treasurer shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed for him or her by the City Treasurer, the Charter, the Council or the City Manager.
(c) The Deputy Treasurer shall receive an annual salary to be set by the City Council payable biweekly in twenty-six installments.
(Ord. 3G. Passed 5-17-93.)