Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The position of Deputy Clerk is hereby established.
(b) In the absence of the Clerk, the Deputy Clerk shall perform the following functions of the Clerk:
(1) The Deputy Clerk shall be the Clerk of the Council and shall attend all meetings of the Council and shall keep a permanent journal of its proceedings in the English language.
(2) The Deputy Clerk shall be custodian of the City seal, shall affix it to all documents and instruments requiring the seal, and shall attest the same. The Deputy Clerk shall also be custodian of all papers, documents, bonds and records pertaining to the City, the custody of which is not otherwise provided.
(3) The Deputy Clerk shall certify by his or her signature all ordinances and resolutions enacted or passed by the Council.
(4) The Deputy Clerk shall provide and maintain in his or her office a supply of forms for all petitions required to be filed for any purpose by the provisions of the Charter.
(5) The Deputy Clerk shall have power to administer oaths of office.
(6) The Deputy Clerk shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed for him or her by the City Clerk, the Charter, the Council or the City Manager.
(c) The Deputy Clerk shall receive an annual salary to be set by the City Council payable biweekly in twenty-six installments.
(Ord. 3G. Passed 5-17-93.)