Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this Traffic Code shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle shall be operated as follows:
(1) On any street, highway, limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel only during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety or local authority having jurisdiction shall designate, and except as provided in Section 446.04;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the State, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow or other implement for hunting that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing or killing any animal or wild fowl; or
(7) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by Ohio R.C. 4519.20 or a substantially similar municipal ordinance.
(b) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), or imprisoned not less than 3 nor more than 30 days, or both.