Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Eighty percent (80%) of the housing in Price currently falls within a single-family designation. The remaining twenty percent (20%), representing various types of attached or multi-family housing units, provide most of the affordable housing options in the community. It is the city's desire to preserve existing areas of low density housing, while at the same time allowing for increased medium to high density housing needs, such as student, senior and other quality attached housing developments.
While the importance of providing affordable housing has increased in recent years, the concept of providing a healthy balance of quality mid level and higher end housing is being recognized as an increasingly important goal. A diversification within Price City neighborhoods, including a mixture of low, moderate and even high income housing units, is desired. (Ord. 2004-001, 2004)