Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Refuse will be collected for disposal by the City or by commercial sanitation firms licensed by the City.
(b) The City and its licensed haulers will collect refuse under the following conditions:
(1) Refuse will be collected at least once each week from residential units except for large piles of limbs and excessive rubbish/garbage which may require an extended period of time to load as well as additional charges.
(2) Refuse will be collected as often as six (6) times a week from commercial establishments.
(3) Collection service shall be discontinued where garbage or trash cans or commercial containers are inadequate or have been condemned as unfit by an inspector/Sanitation Code Enforcement Official and notice has been given to the owner or occupant of the premises who has refused to correct the situation then existing. The Health Department will be notified of this action in order for enforcement of the appropriate health codes.
(4) Dead animals, other than dogs and house pets, will not be collected, and dead dogs and house pets will be collected only from curbsides and the public right of ways. Dead house pets shall be in a plastic bag and placed at the curb. They will be collected on a special fee basis and on an on-call basis by the City. Large dead animals shall be disposed of by the individual whose property the animal is on or by the owner of the animal, if determined. The City has no responsibility to supply service for the removal and disposal of large dead animals.
(5) Hours of pickup will not be earlier than 6:00 a.m. nor later than 11:00 p.m. Whoever violates this section is in breech of Section 509.09(b)(9) and unless otherwise provided is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
(c) The City shall not be responsible for collecting or hauling discarded building materials, dirt, rock or discarded furniture and appliances from private property, nor shall it be responsible for collecting or hauling trees, bushes or other vegetation from contractors, commercial tree trimmers, landscapers or building contractors except on a special fee basis.
(Ord. 2002-106. Passed 9-23-02.)