Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The success of the plan is dependent upon:
(A) Participation by the citizen:
(1) His or her understanding of the plan, its objectives, its problems;
(2) His or her continued support and suggestions; and
(3) His or her active interest in obtaining a better city in which to live and rear his or her children and to provide a healthy climate for private enterprise to exist.
(B) Participation by the governing body of the city through:
(1) Enforcement of fair and equitable codes and ordinances;
(2) Rapid and just review of objections and violations of the plan; and
(3) Continued long range view to the city’s growth in regard to the promotion of the free citizen-private enterprise outlook.
(C) Participation of independent allied agencies such as the School Board, Water District, Navigation District, and so forth, by means of:
(1) Support of the plan; and
(2) Close coordination of their programs with those of the city.
(Ord. 218, passed 6-13-1960)