Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Mobile home and/or travel trailer parks plan. Mobile home and/or travel trailer parks plans shall conform to the following requirements.
(1) The park shall be located on a well drained site properly graded to ensure rapid drainage and freedom from stagnant pools of water.
(2) To accommodate a mobile home over 40 feet in length, the trailer lot shall be not less than 3,150 square feet in area.
(3) To accommodate a mobile home trailer under 32 feet in length, the trailer lot shall not be less than 2,250 square feet in area.
(4) In the travel trailer section of mobile home park, the lots shall be not less than 1,250 square feet in area.
(5) Each mobile home lot shall have connections to a city’s sanitary sewerage and water system and be approved by the City Secretary and Building Inspector.
(6) Travel trailer lots where the trailers or motorized homes are to be located on the premises for periods of short duration (no more than three days) shall not require sanitary sewerage systems; however, the designated park must have adequate restroom facilities available for travel trailers and motorized homes, and sewage dump stations for travel trailers.
(7) The minimum distance between trailers shall be 12 feet and no trailer shall be located closer than ten feet to a court property line. Trailers end to end shall have a minimum distance of ten feet between them.
(8) Park owners shall provide fire hydrants, at their expense, to meet city requirements.
(9) No mobile home or trailer park will be constructed with less than ten units. Ten units or more constitute a trailer or mobile home park.
(10) (a) The park must have adequate entrance and collector streets and also driveways for each lot and one and one-half paved parking space 18 inches long by eight feet wide.
(b) All streets and drives in the trailer court shall be paved with a seal coat, asphaltic concrete or portland cement concrete pavement.
(c) All entrance streets and other collector streets with guest parking on both sides shall have a minimum width of 36 feet. Minor streets with parking on one side shall have a minimum width of 28 feet. The above minimum widths may be reduced by two feet if an adjacent sidewalk is provided.
(11) Parking pads are mandatory for these lots used by travel trailers, motorized homes or campers. The parking pad for travel trailers, motorized homes or campers will conform to the following: paved with a seal coat, asphaltic concrete or portland cement concrete pavement.
(B) Location. Mobile home and/or trailer parks may be located only in conformity with the comprehensive zoning regulations of the city, and in addition to the requirements contained therein, each boundary of the park must be at least 200 feet from any permanent residential building located outside the park, unless a two-thirds majority of the owners of property in the area within the 200 feet consent in writing to the establishment of the park provided, however, that the provisions of this chapter shall not apply to mobile home and/or travel trailer parks already in existence and operation at the time of the passage of this chapter, and the existing and operating parks shall be treated as nonconforming uses insofar as the requirements of this section are concerned.
(C) Maintenance. Every person owning or operating a mobile home and/or trailer park shall maintain the park and any facilities, fixtures and permanent equipment in connection therewith, in a clean and sanitary condition and shall maintain the equipment in a state of good repair.
(D) Additional construction. It shall be unlawful for any person operating a mobile home and/or travel trailer park or occupying a mobile home or travel trailer to construct or permit to be constructed in the park, or in connection with the mobile home or travel trailer park any additional structure, building or shelter in connection with or attached to a mobile home or attached to a mobile home or travel trailer, except, however, awnings of canvas or metal, suitably constructed, may be attached to the mobile homes or travel trailers as well as portable prefabricated temporary rooms, for the express purpose of increasing mobile home or travel trailer living area, commonly called cabana which meet the following requirements:
(1) Of metal only, fire resistive, double wall, mechanical joint panels (no welded joints between panels permitted);
(2) Strength of materials and structure to meet minimum standards of the City Building Code;
(3) Capable of being dismantled when moved;
(4) The rooms shall be completely dismantled and removed from the site at the time the mobile home or travel trailer to which it is accessory is moved;
(5) Finish and appearance to be as near the same as possible to the mobile home or travel trailer to which it is accessory;
(6) Increases the length of the mobile home or travel trailer to which it is accessory; and
(7) Only one room per mobile home or travel trailer shall be permitted.
(E) Office building. Each mobile home and/or travel trailer park shall be provided with a building to be known as the office in which shall be kept copies of all records pertaining to the management and supervision of the park, as well as all rules and regulations of the park, and the records, rules and regulations to be available for inspection by law enforcement officers, public health officials and other officials whose duties necessitates acquisition of the information contained therein.
(Ord. 529, passed 4-9-1991) Penalty, see § 153.99