Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Persons not considered a resident as set forth in division (D) below shall be required to pay an annual fee of $25 for library cards.
(B) All persons using the Pompano Beach Public Library shall pay a fee of $0.05 per day for each day a three-week book is overdue, including Sundays and holidays, and $0.10 per day for each day a two-week book is overdue, including Sundays and holidays.
(C) The loan period for library materials shall be determined by the library director into three-week periods with renewal, or two weeks without renewal. Upon special permission of the library director or the circulation supervisor, special materials not usually loaned may be loaned for overnight or three days according to demonstrated need.
(D) RESIDENCY as used in this chapter and relating to annual library cards issued without charge may be established upon proof of any of the following:
(1) Pompano Beach domicile, which may be established by the presentation of a declaration of domicile or a Broward County Voters Registration Certificate which show on their face that the individual resides within the corporate limits of the City of Pompano Beach;
(2) Pompano Beach property owner, which may be established by the presentation of documentation which establishes that the individual owns property which is located within the corporate limits of the City of Pompano Beach;
(3) Renting, leasing, or temporarily residing in Pompano Beach, which may be established by the presentation of documentation which evidences that the individual is currently leasing, renting, or temporarily residing in property located within the corporate limits of Pompano Beach and shall include those persons renting hotel rooms or other temporary living facilities within the corporate limits;
(4) Students attending schools located within the corporate limits of Pompano Beach; or
(5) Persons employed by the City of Pompano Beach.
An individual shall be required to present written documents to the Library Director, or his or her designee, to establish any of the forms of residency as set forth above. In addition, the individual may be requested to execute an affidavit under oath in which the individual declares that the representations made to the city regarding residency are true.
('58 Code, § 2.13) (Ord. 65-73, passed 9-27-65; Am. Ord. 69-77, passed 8-12-69; Am. Ord. 76-106, passed 9-21-76; Am. Ord. 85-83, passed 9-10-85; Am. Ord. 88-68, passed 6-28-88; Am. Ord. 88-83, passed 9-13-88)