Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation directly or indirectly to construct or operate any interim waste water treatment plant without a permit being procured from the city in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
('58 Code, § 49.31)
(B) Any person, firm, or corporation desiring to use or install any interim waste water package treatment plant shall first make application in writing to the city. The application shall contain but not be limited to the following information:
(1) A statement with reasonable assurance, including an implementation schedule, that arrangements shall be made for phasing out the use of the interim plant and for the transfer of waste water to a sewer connector line when it becomes available.
(2) A statement with reasonable assurances that the interim waste water treatment plant has been approved by all state and county agencies that may be involved, including but not limited to the State Pollution Control Board and Broward County Pollution Control Board and that the proposed installation conforms with all state, county, local, and federal requirements.
(3) A statement with reasonable assurances as to the steps to be taken by the applicant to insure compliance with § 52.03.
(4) The permit application shall be signed by a registered professional engineer.
(5) Each application for a waste water treatment plant shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee in the amount of $100.
(6) Upon approval by the Chief Building Inspector and the City Engineer of the application, a permit will be issued to the applicant.
(7) The permit that is issued shall not be transferable without the prior written permission of the city.
('58 Code, § 49.32)
(Ord. 73-17, passed 2-27-73) Penalty, see § 52.99