Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Request For Permit: Owners of businesses, their employees and residents of the streets listed or described in section 10.08.140 of this chapter may request a special parking permit which will allow them to park their personal vehicles overnight solely in the immediate vicinity of their residence or business when such parking might otherwise be restricted or prohibited by this title; provided, however, that no such permit shall be valid between the hours of two o'clock (2:00) A.M. and six o'clock (6:00) A.M. on Friday or in some cases, Thursday mornings. If the prohibited parking day is Thursday, the permits shall be marked by the police department to so indicate. Otherwise the period of validity shall be as set forth in subsection A2 of this section. The permits shall:
1. Be issued by the chief of police through the parking and records division;
2. Be valid six (6) days a week, Saturday morning through Thursday morning;
3. Be valid for a period of one year, but subject to revocation by the chief of police for violations of any provisions herein or through sale of the vehicle;
4. Cost twelve dollars ($12.00);
5. Be owner and vehicle specific, and nontransferable;
6. Be displayed on the driver's side of the rear window.
Provided, however, that nothing herein shall be construed to allow the vehicle to remain on the street when snow removal provisions have been invoked, or when the owner has otherwise been requested to move the vehicle by proper authority, whether for street cleaning or for emergency reasons.
B. Application And Issuance: Owners of business, their employees or residents of the downtown district may apply for this special parking permit by presenting proof of identification and vehicle registration to the records division of the police department. Upon approval of the chief of police and payment of the applicable fee, the permit shall be issued. (Ord. 2458 § 2, 1994: Ord. 2359 § 2, 1991: Ord. 2289, 1989)