Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Contents: All certificates of license shall be signed by the mayor, attested by the city recorder, and shall contain the following information:
1. Name: The name of the person to whom such certificate has been issued.
2. Amount: The amount paid.
3. Type: The type of license and the class of such license, if licenses are divided into classes.
4. Term: The term of the license with the commencing date and the date of its expiration.
5. Location: The place where such business, calling, trade or profession is to be conducted. (1982 Code § 9-117)
1. Required: Every certificate of license issued under this chapter shall be posted by the licensee in a conspicuous place upon the wall of the building, room or office of the place of business so that the same may be easily seen. When such certificate of license has expired, it shall be removed by the licensee from such place in which it has been posted, and no certificate of license which is not in force and effect shall be permitted to remain posted upon the wall or any part of any room within the place of business. If the licensee's business is such that a license cannot be displayed due to the transient or mobile nature of the business, then the licensee shall carry the license on his person, ready to be shown upon request by an authorized officer during all such time or times while the licensee is engaged in or pursuing the business for which a license is granted.
2. Coin Operated Machine: In the event the license is for a coin operated machine or device, the certificate shall be attached or displayed in the immediate vicinity of the machine for which it has been issued. (1982 Code § 9-118)