Uses permitted subject to a special temporary use permit are those temporary uses which are required for the proper functioning of the community or are temporarily required in the process of establishing a permitted use, or constructing a public facility. Such uses shall be so conducted that they will not be detrimental in any way to the surrounding properties or to the community. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
   (A)   Uses Permitted Subject To Special Temporary Use Permits: The following uses shall be allowed upon the issuance of a temporary use permit:
Carnivals, circuses, special events of not over seventy two (72) consecutive hours.
Christmas tree sales.
Parking and storage of materials and earthmoving or construction equipment incidental to the carrying on of a public works project, subdivision or construction project.
Temporary outside display and sales of merchandise in the C zone.
Such other uses as the planning commission may, by resolution, deem to be within the intent and purpose of this section.
   (B)   Special Temporary Use Permit Procedure:
      1.   Application And Fee: Application and filing fee for a special temporary use permit may be made by the property owner or his authorized agent. Such applications shall be filed with the development services department. The development services department shall charge and collect a filing fee for each such applicant, as determined by resolution of the city council. The development services director may require any information of the applicant which may be necessary to make a determination concerning the proposed use.
      2.   Determination: Application for special temporary use permit shall be reviewed by the development services department. The development services director shall approve, conditionally approve, or disapprove such application. Approval or conditional approval shall be given only when in the judgment of the development services director, such approval is within the intent and purpose of this zoning title.
      3.   Time Limit: Special temporary use permits shall specify the period of time set by the development services director during which the use may be carried out, not to exceed one year from date of issuance of the permit.
      4.   Appeals From Determinations: If the applicant is dissatisfied with the decision he may appeal to the commission within ten (10) days after the decision is rendered. Such appeal shall be in writing and shall be filed with the secretary of the commission. Upon the receipt of such appeal, the secretary of the commission will establish the date, time and place to hear such appeal. The commission, upon receipt of the development services director's action, may require said determination to be presented at a public hearing before the commission. No permits shall be issued until the planning commission makes a determination. The determination of the commission may be appealed to the council per the procedure established in section 10-3-7 of this title. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991; amd. Ord. 1654, 6-25-2013)