Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All FSEs shall implement kitchen best management practices in accordance with the requirements and guidelines established by the director under the FOG control program in an effort to minimize the discharge of FOG to the sewer system.
(B) All FSEs shall be required, at a minimum, to implement and comply with the following kitchen best management practices:
1. Drain screens shall be installed on all drainage pipes in food preparation areas.
2. All waste cooking oil shall be collected and stored properly in recycling receptacles such as barrels or drums. Such recycling receptacles shall be maintained properly to ensure that they do not leak. Waste cooking oil shall be transported by a licensed waste hauler to an approved recycling or disposal site in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
3. All garbage and food waste shall be disposed of properly in trash bins or containers, and not in sinks.
4. Kitchen exhaust filters shall be cleaned as frequently as necessary to be maintained in good operating condition. The wastewater generated from cleaning kitchen exhaust filters, floor mats and kitchen equipment shall be disposed of properly in compliance with these regulations.
5. Employees of FSEs shall be trained by ownership/management periodically on the following subjects:
(a) How to "dry wipe/scrape" pots, pans, dishware, utensils, equipment and work areas before washing to remove FOG;
(b) How to properly dispose of garbage, food waste and solids in enclosed plastic bags prior to disposal in trash bins or containers to prevent leaking and odors;
(c) The location and use of absorption products to clean under fryer baskets and other locations where FOG may be spilled or dripped;
(d) How to properly dispose of FOG from cooking equipment into a FOG receptacle such as a barrel, drum or bin without spilling.
Training shall be documented for each employee. Training records shall be available for review at any reasonable time by the director. Training records shall be retained for a minimum of three (3) years. (Ord. 1646, 5-8-2012)