Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Alarm System Requirements: No alarm system shall be installed or connected on or after the date this chapter becomes effective which emits the sound of a siren. Any alarm system which emits the sound of a siren, and which is installed and in operation prior to the date this chapter becomes effective, shall have that part of the alarm system which emits the sound of a siren disconnected within one hundred eighty (180) days from the date this chapter becomes effective.
(B) Audible Alarm System Requirements: Any alarm system which is installed or connected on or after the date this chapter becomes effective and which, when activated, generates an audible sound on the premises, shall have as part of the system an automatic shutoff that will deactivate the audible portion of the system within fifteen (15) minutes after it is first activated. Any alarm system which is installed and in operation prior to the date this chapter becomes effective and which, when activated, generates an audible sound on the premises, shall have such an automatic shutoff device installed and in operation within one year after the date this chapter becomes effective.
(C) Display Of Alarm System Permit: Every alarm system permit shall be kept on the premises where the alarm system is located.
(D) Automatic Dialing Device Regulations:
1. No automatic dialing device shall be interconnected to a primary trunkline of the communications center or police department after the effective date of this chapter.
2. Within sixty (60) days after the effective date of this chapter, all automatic dialing devices interconnected to a primary trunkline shall be disconnected therefrom. The owner or lessee of such device shall be responsible for having the device disconnected within the sixty (60) day time period.
3. Persons owning or leasing an automatic dialing device may have the device interconnected to a telephone line transmitting directly to:
(a) A central station; or
(b) A modified central station; or
(c) An answering service.
4. The relaying of messages to the communications center by a modified central station or an answering service shall be over a special trunkline unless the special trunkline is unavailable; the relaying of messages by a central station may be over a direct line.
5. No automatic dialing device may be interconnected to the telephone company operator.
(E) Response Required: When an alarm system has been activated, the alarm business and/or the permittee shall have an alarm agent and/or other person in responsible control present at the location within thirty (30) minutes after being requested to do so by a representative of the communications center and/or Placerville police department.
(F) Power Supply: All alarm systems shall be equipped with an uninterruptible power supply in such a manner that the failure or interruption of normal electrical utility power shall not activate the alarm system. This power supply must be capable of at least four (4) hours of operation.
(G) Notification Card Required: All premises having an alarm permit system permit shall file and keep current an emergency notification card with the Placerville police department.
(H) Notice Of Name Of Servicer Or Occupant: Every audible alarm system shall have a sign or notice posted on or near the audible device with the name and telephone number of the person or company responsible for the maintenance of the system. The notice shall be posted in such a position as to be readable from the ground level outside and adjacent to the building. All silent alarm systems shall have a notice on the premises which provides the same information. (Ord. 1243, 11-25-1980)