Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A person seeking issuance of a parade permit shall file an application with the chief of police on forms provided by such officer.
(A) Filing Period: An application for a parade permit shall be filed with the chief of police not less than thirty (30) days nor more than sixty (60) days before the date on which it is proposed to conduct the parade.
(B) Contents: The application for a parade permit shall set forth the following information:
1. The name, address and telephone number of the person seeking to conduct such parade;
2. If the parade is proposed to be conducted for, on behalf of, or by an organization, the name, address and telephone number of the headquarters of the organization, and of the authorized and responsible heads of such organization;
3. The name, address and telephone number of the person who will be the parade chairman and who will be responsible for its conduct;
4. The date when the parade is to be conducted;
5. The route to be traveled, the starting point and the termination point;
6. The approximate number of persons who, and animals and vehicles which, will constitute such parade; the type of animals and description of vehicles;
7. The hours when such parade will start and terminate;
8. A statement as to whether the parade will occupy all or only a portion of the width of the streets proposed to be traversed;
9. The location by streets of any assembly areas for such parades;
10. The time at which units of the parade will begin to assemble at any such area or areas;
11. The interval of space to be maintained between units of such parade;
12. If the parade is designed to be held by, and on behalf of or for, any person other than the applicant, the applicant for such permit shall file with the parade committee a communication in writing from the person proposing to hold the parade, authorizing the applicant to apply for the permit on his behalf.
13. The purpose of the parade.
(C) Late Applications: The parade committee, where good cause is shown therefor, shall have the authority to consider any application hereunder which is filed less than thirty (30) days before the date such parade is proposed to be conducted. (Ord. 1002, 6-22-1971)
(D) Fee: There shall be paid at the time of filing an application for a parade permit a fee as set by resolution of the city council. There shall be no fee if the parade is for the purposes of promoting the city or youth organizations of the city. (Ord. 1300, 5-25-1982)